We help Americans living in Europe to file US taxes and prevent double taxation. Based on your situation we introduce you to a US tax advisor. Free of charge and free of any obligations.

How does the USA tax its citizens?

The US is the only developed country in the world where your tax duty is based on citizenship rather than where you live or work. This implies that every US citizen (also those with dual nationality) wherever they are born, based or work, has to file US taxes yearly. Whether this implies a tax payment in the US is strongly dependent on your personal situation. Not filing taxes in the US is con…


What is FBAR?

You may have heard of FBAR, but you don’t know what it is. FBAR stands for “Foreign Bank Account Report”, and refers to FinCen Form 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts. Persons required to file a FBAR: US persons who have ownership or control (for example signature authority) of foreign accounts with an aggregate value of over $10,000 in the calendar year Accou…


What is FATCA?

FATCA requires all foreign financial institutions (banks, investment brokers, etc) to report to the IRS information on financial accounts held by US citizens (including those with dual citizenship), or by foreign entities in which US taxpayers hold a substantial ownership interest. This means that through your bank, the IRS will now be informed about your financial assets and interests. Unfo…


Tax treaties

Many countries have treaties with the US to reduce the effects of double taxation for its citizens and companies (Double Tax Avoidance Agreement). This will prevent a person from paying tax twice on for example income from labor (i.e.: both in your home country and in the USA). However, paying tax in your home country does not necessarily mean that you will not be taxed in the US. In some e…


Do you have questions or need help? Please feel free to contact us. Free of charge and free of any obligation.