A selection of our available Services


Services for American citizens living abroad

We help Americans abroad to become US tax compliant in an organised way and avoid unnecessary double taxation. Based on your personal situation, we give you information and introduce you to the appropriate US tax advisor in our Americans Overseas network to help with your tax filings free of charge and free of any obligations.

US tax return (Form 1040)

A US person needs Form 1040 to report their annual income and file their federal income tax return to the IRS. It is used to calculate the amount of taxes they owe or the refund they are due.


FBAR filing

A US citisen needs to file a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR), also known as FinCEN Form 114, if they have a financial interest in or signature authority over foreign financial accounts.

FBAR filing

Amnesty Program

These programs, also known as voluntary disclosure programs, give taxpayers the opportunity to come forward and correct their tax returns without facing criminal prosecution or significant penalties.

Amnesty Program

Streamlined Procedure

The Streamlined Procedure is available for U.S. Citizens living abroad as well as for U.S. taxpayers living in the U.S. and it requires the submission of three years of tax returns and six years of FBARs, along with certain certifications.

Streamlined Procedure

Social Security Number

A US person requires a Social Security Number (SSN) for several purposes such as filing a tax return, applying for a US Passport, and opening a bank account.

Social Security Number


Expatriation is the process of voluntarily giving up one’s citizenship. Understanding concequences, risks and opportunities are important to consider.

Certificate of Loss of Nationality

An official document issued by the U.S. government to individuals who have renounced their U.S. citizenship. How to start this procedure and what are the things to consider.

Looking for other assistance?

Let us know what we can help you with.

Contact us
Background image Background image
Get informed. The consultation is free of charge and without any obligation.Contact us
Reach out via emailsupport@americansoverseas.org

How we work

Get in Touch

Tell us your situation

Contact us about your situation and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

You can fill in the contact form, send us an e-mail or give us a call.

Consult free of charge

After we received your information, we’ll set up a consult – free of charge – to fully asses your situation and to give us a better understanding of how we can help you.

We provide a solution

Based on the complexity of your situation, we’ll provide the right information that you need or set you up with a specialized tax advisor that will help you further.

Frequently Asked Questions

Need more in-depth information? We have gathered the frequently asked questions. In case you still have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help.