Are there FATCA requirements for an investment fund that issues K1 forms?

< 1 min

Yes, there are. If the investment is held by a bank, there are FATCA requirements for that bank to report to the US treasury the ownership and the balances in those investments on an annual basis.

Americans Overseas can help you with your K1 forms

Americans Overseas offers a large independent network of US tax accountants and financial planners, specialized for Americans living abroad. Based on your personal situation, we provide information and introduce you to the appropriate expert in our Americans Overseas network, free of charge and free of any obligation. 

Contact us for more information