We help Americans living in Europe to file US taxes and prevent double taxation. Based on your situation we introduce you to a US tax advisor. Free of charge and free of any obligations.

Why do I have to file US tax returns and possibly pay taxes when I don’t live in the US?

We understand that it sounds unreasonable to file a US tax return when you don’t live in the U.S. However, the United States is the only civilized country in the world that has a tax system based on your citizenship. This is an exceptional situation. Most countries in the world base their tax system on the country in which you live and or work.

We strongly advise you to fulfill your US tax obligations. Once you are aware of your obligation, it is compulsory to do so and you could face stiff penalties if you don’t comply.

Read more on your US tax obligation, penalties and interest on the website of the IRS: Source

Do need more information on filing US tax returns and the US tax system? Do not hesitate to contact us.