Can the US consulate help me?

Unfortunately, we have not found a lot of helpful information via the consulate. AOS is continuously striving to improve relations with the consulate and to motivate them to better inform and service their citizens overseas where possible.

Currently the consulate states that they are not in a position to help or provide more service. The consulate refers all individuals to the following page for more information on US tax obligations:

Contact us for more information