What are the following steps after my down payment has been received?
- After receiving the down payment, we will send you an email with activation details for your personal online “Americans Overseas” portal. This activation link is valid for 24 hours. After creating your password, you can log in anytime using the “Log in” button at the top right of the website menu.
- In your portal, under “Knowledge”and “Downloads”, you will find the article “Tax Organizer”, where you can download the most recent Tax Organizer, as well as a Manual and checklist. In the Tax Organizer you can enter all the data required for the tax return. You can upload the Tax organizer and required documents (requested in the Tax organizer) in the portal, under “My dossiers”, in the correct dossier under “Files”.
- Please provide all documents as soon as possible because of turn around times. As the year progresses the waiting times increase.
- The return will be offered to you as a draft to check together with our invoice. Your payment of our invoice is the sign of your approval, after which we will send you the final return. (If possible for your situation, the US Return will be filed electronically for you).
- Did you renounce your US citizenship in 2021? Please let us know a.s.a.p. and send us a copy of your CLN. We will provide you with an Exit Year Organizer in addition to the regular Tax Organizer, so we can collect the information needed for your final filing, including Form 8854.
What is the price of an annual filing?
Please click this link to see our actual pricelist. We are happy that, despite the changed requirements, we were able to keep almost all prices the same as last year. Is your situation completely different than last year? For example, have you started a BV, sold property or have a trust fund? Let us know and we will be happy to take a look at a quotation together with you.
Why am I not getting a personal quote?
We have a very large number of returns that have to be processed in a short time, together with the request for information about voluntary disclosures by US Persons. In addition, we would like to offer the services as competitively as possible and we have opted for this approach that is common for American tax return practices. If you have any questions, we will of course be happy to help.
When do I have to hand in all my documents at the latest for the 2021 annual tax return to Americans Overseas?
If all your information has been fully uploaded before May 1st, 2022, we will do our utmost to deliver your tax return on time for you to file it before the deadline of June 15th, 2022. If you cannot meet this deadline, we will request an extension for you with the IRS until October 15th, 2022. Please let us know this as soon as possible, so we can schedule the extension request for you.
I am still working on my Streamlined Procedure up to and including tax year 2021. Do I now also have to start my annual Tax Return of 2022?
The Streamlined Procedure can only be filed with already expired tax years. For the Streamlined procedure, tax year 2021 expired as of June 15th, 2022. So if you do a Streamline Procedure up to and including 2021, you must submit it between June 16th, 2022 and June 15th, 2023. From that moment on you are considered to be “Compliant” and you must also annually submit a regular tax return, starting with the year 2022. But the deadline for the regular annual tax return 2021 is also June 15th, 2023, and the annual tax return can only be submitted after you have submitted your Streamlined Procedure.
If your Streamlined Procedure is submitted just before the deadline of June 15th, 2023, we can always request an extension for your 2022 annual US tax return until October 15th, 2023.
You must meet the following conditions for this:
- We have received your down payment for the annual return 2022 before June 7th, 2023;
- Your SSN details are entered under the heading “US Person” (and your address is entered at the bottom) of the “My Contact Details” page of your online account with us.
- Your Streamlined Procedure was submitted before June 15th, 2023.